G-HRVD Built as CCF4-548

  • Shipped to Liverpool 1953
  • Flown by RAF pilots in USAF markings as 534629 for a few weeks
  • Delivered to USAFE at Landsberg am Lech in Germany
  • Transferred to Luftwaffe September 1956
  • Used by Flugzeugfuhrerschule A coded AA+055 until 1958
  • Transferred to FIKdo TSLw 1 (Flugkommando der Technischen Schule der Luftwaffe 1) at Kaufberencoded BF-055for GCI/GCA practice for Air Traffic Controllers.
  • Transferred to Portuguese Air Force on 25th September 1964 and serialled 1741
  • Assigned to AB5 at Nampula as counter insurgency aircraft
  • During time with AB5 detached to AM51 (Mueda) AM is a satellite base for operations.
  • Assigned to AB6 at Nova Freixo during 1967
  • During time with AB6 detached to AM61 (Vita Cabral)
  • Suffered a belly landing on 1st August 1967. Further damage (propeller) from a hard landing two years later
  • Withdrawn from service in 1973 and abandoned at Maputo Airport
  • 1989 bought by Brian Zeederburg and Ian Popplewell
  • Sold on to Andrew Edie and John Woodhouse at Thruxton

This is how HRVD looked before going into storage

13th May 2015 - Phil Earthey This is how HRVD looked before going into storage prior to our purchasing her. No work carried out since, but looking to kick off progress on her shortly.

13th May 2015 – Phil Earthey This is how HRVD looked before going into storage prior to our purchasing her. No work carried out since, but looking to kick off progress on her shortly.

G-HRVD as FAP 1741 – Location unknown at this time