Manufacturer: Canadian Car & Foundry, Fort William, ON Entered Service: May 15, 1952
Off Strength: November 1, 1965 Served: Macdonald, MB
Primary Flying Training School, Centralia, ON
Purchased from Crown Assets Disposal Corporation by Gilbert Dressel on December 7, 1964, the aircraft was stored in a barn on his property near Wainfleet, Ontario for 42 years. In June 2006, it was obtained jointly by Stan and Greg Tyrell. The plan was to restore the aircraft fully and at an appropriate time, donate it to CHAA. Greg did not see his plan come to fruition as he sadly passed away in December 2008. In November 2009, Jennifer Tyrell, Greg’s widow, announced the gift of 20304 to CHAA on behalf of Greg and the Tyrell family. In December 2009, the fuselage of 20304 was transported to Tillsonburg and the wings followed in May 2012. Work is well underway on the restoration of 20304 to airworthy condition.
Help keep us flying!
By giving us a donation, no matter how small or large, you can help us run this website and keep the glorious Harvard planes flying for years to come.