Previously KF403. From RAF.
Shipped to New Zealand on “Empire Castle” in September 1944 and assembled at Hobsonville.
BOC 10 October 1944.
Operated by TTS Hobsonville.
Converted to INST149 at TTS Hobsonville in November 1951.
Written off books Hobsonville 12 November 1951.
Sold by GSB tender number 7078 to Bennett Aviation Ltd., Te Kuiti.
Purchased by Jaycees and installed in the children’s playground at Takapau in August 1963.
To store at Ardmore with R. Jowitt.
To Southair Aviation, Timaru with NZ1102.
Sold by receivers of Southair to an unknown buyer.
Swapped with RNZAF Museum in exchange for parts to return NZ1040 to airworthy condition.
In storage at RNZAF Museum early 1990s.
Fuselage presently stored at Omaka with B. Black and D. Lochead awaiting restoration.